Are we in 1990s of Chess era? When AI Conquers Codeforces, I'll Return to the Chessboard
Разница между en1 и en2, 8 символ(ов) изменены
It's **MagnusCarlsen**(parody) here, the world chess champion for the past 14 years. After dominating the chess world, I've recently found a new passion in competitive programming. However, with AI now solving CP problems, I'm left wondering about the future of this field.↵

###A Historical Parallel↵
In 1985, the development of Deep Blue began, marking the start of a new era in chess. Nobody believed a computer could defeat a human in chess. By 1996, Deep Blue first challenged Garry Kasparov, but Kasparov won 4-2, leaving some hope to the game and chess fans. Just a year later, in 1997, during the rematch, Deep Blue and defeated Kasparov 3.5-2.5, a victory that sparked documentaries like **"Game Over: Kasparov and the Machine"**.↵
Similarly, just a few years ago, nobody believed AI could solve Codeforces problems. Now, AI models are solving problems up to E level is crazy.↵

**The Threat of AI**↵

As AI continues to advance, it poses a significant threat to the traditional landscape of competitive programming. AI's ability to solve problems quickly and accurately might render many existing problems obsolete. This raises an interesting question: are we at that critical juncture with AI in CP, similar to what happened with chess computers in the late 1990s?↵

**Moderation and Motivation**↵

Ever since 1997, **computers have been superior to humans in chess, Is it end of chess? Definitely not! Today the game is even more popular with lots of new players and tournaments.** Similarly, while AI is getting exponentially advanced, it doesn't have to be the end of competitive programming. However, it does require moderation to keep the sport motivating. The question remains: how will we adapt to an AI-dominated future?↵

Share your thoughts!↵

P.S. If AI can solve CP problems better than me, I'll gladly concede and go back to checkmating my opponents on the chessboard.↵

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en2 Английский CarlsenMagnus 2024-09-15 00:18:21 8 Tiny change: 'sCarlsen** here, the' -> 'sCarlsen**(parody) here, the'
en1 Английский CarlsenMagnus 2024-09-14 23:53:45 1981 Initial revision (published)