Пожалуйста, прочтите новое правило об ограничении использования AI-инструментов. ×

CP-Algorithms: Hacktoberfest 2024 + call for contributors and maintainers

Правка en1, от adamant, 2024-10-13 15:55:51

Hi everyone!

I'm posting this on behalf of CP-Algorithms, a community project that started off in 2014 by RodionGork as a translation of e-maxx, a Russian go-to resource at the time by e-maxx for learning core competitive programming algorithms. Since then, CP-Algorithms grew quite a lot (which also prompted a rename from original project name e-maxx-eng) and includes a lot of new, original articles, and a lot of translated articles were enhanced and/or extended or even completely rewritten, amounting to a total of 157 articles at the moment.

At the moment, the project is largely maintained by Jakube and adamant (that's me), but as it happens, we don't have as much time to dedicate to it as we used to, so we're looking for some fresh blood to join the effort. This means both potential contributors and maintainers.

Contributors

As a community project, it is largely driven by volunteering efforts of people who write and translate articles. Moreover, similar to previous years, right about now DigitalOcean is conducting Hacktoberfest, an initiative that will award every participant (well, actually the first 50 000 people) which will make 4 approved pull requests on Github (in participating projects) during the month of October with a cool, free shirt.

Our project participates in Hacktoberfest, so it could be an easy way for you to contribute into open source and get a t-shirt for it. Not sure what to help us with? Consider the following:

• GitHub issues marked with "bug" or "enhancement" tags;
  • Translation progress indicates which articles still need to be translated;
  • Write a new article on the topic of your liking or from a "new-article-suggestion" tags in GitHub issues;
  • Improve old articles (fix typos, grammar, style, etc);
  • Add images (make sure they're your original work, or adhere to image's license!).

See How to Contribute page for some instructions, or just click on a pencil icon in the upper-right corner of any article to propose changes. You can also use the Article Preview page to see how your changes will look like when they're actually added to the site. If you still have any questions about the process, don't hesitate to reach out to me directly 😊

Maintainers

Besides regular contributors, we're in dire need of having more people joining the maintainer team. You would be granted a right to contribute to the project directly without prior approval, and will need to exercise it appropriately, both when making your own contributions and when reviewing open issues and pull requests that you will be able to merge into the main branch once you think they're good enough.

On top of it, some time ago I started out a competitive programming library with automatic verification via Library Checker as an auxiliary project to CP-Algorithms. Ideally, I would like to let more people join it in the future, and also facilitate its integration into the main website and its articles somehow. Having another motivated maintainer to discuss it and work on it together would be fantastic!

Please reach out to me or Jakob if you're interested, and let us know of any of your prior experience in technical writing, computer science and competitive programming. We will be happy to expand our team!

Теги cp-algorithms, hacktoberfest

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en4 Английский adamant 2024-10-13 16:29:26 116 Tiny change: 'fd047.png">\n\nAs a' -> 'fd047.png" width="300px">\n\nAs a'
en3 Английский adamant 2024-10-13 16:14:06 6 Tiny change: ' starting this year &#97' -> ' starting last year &#97'
en2 Английский adamant 2024-10-13 16:12:11 160 Tiny change: 'is year ☹\n\nOur p' -> 'is year ️\n\nOur p'
en1 Английский adamant 2024-10-13 15:55:51 3968 Initial revision (published)