Happy new year, I learned an amazing thing today.

Revision en1, by bhikkhu, 2022-12-30 19:26:44

Given the current updates in the Artificial Intelligence world, I was wondering if I got behind. I had already started out learning the AI stuffs many years ago. But there were always some doubts in my mind that AGI seems impossible. However, my older beliefs are vaporizing as I speak now.

Today I was able to finish up a game that the computer can learn entirely from self play (aka reinforcement learning). Just giving up the game rules and the program was able to beat any agent that can be coded up.

So initially I coded an agent that made random moves. My AI code was able to either win or draw, no losses.

So the AI learns to counter tackle whatever the move the adversary makes. Initially it loses some games, but after some games it becomes unbeatable. You have to see it to believe but this is just mind boggling. MY JAW is on the floor right now. This universe is freaking weird.

1. Code a dummy Player that makes random moves.

2. Make the AI learn to beat the dummy player. No special knowledge required for this part. I'll share soon.

3. Extract out the AI model

4. Make the new AI model play against the older version of itself.

5. Non stop improvement.

Given that I implemented it myself from scratch (of course with the help of some famous libraries but the bare bones are very little).

I am convinced AGI is inevitable.

I am going to share the details soon / source code.

OH MY FAWKING GOD, this is just unbelievable, Singularity is inevitable and I have a first hand PROOF now.

Tags artificial intelligence, infinity, unstoppable, inevitable, happy, astounded

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English bhikkhu 2022-12-30 19:26:44 1607 Initial revision (published)