OCPC 2024 Fall — A Journey Through Croatia

Revision en3, by Arpa, 2024-09-19 20:05:41

Hey everyone!

I’ve just returned from an incredible 13-day journey in Croatia, where I had the pleasure of being a part of OCPC 2024 Fall as the editorialist. It was an exhilarating experience to lead editorial sessions after each contest.

Explaining the solution to a problem while one of the participants is checking the distance to the river beach. :broken-heart:

The problem sets were amazing — I truly enjoyed them all. They took me back to my time at the Moscow Camp 2020, evoking the same excitement and challenge of solving numerous problems under time pressure. It was a refreshing and rewarding experience, especially since I don’t compete as frequently these days. After my World Finals in 2021, I semi-retired from competitive programming, shifting my focus to coaching instead: Algoritmi Academy. Now, I only compete a few times a year, so getting to dive deep into this environment again was a real pleasure.

While in Croatia, I also made sure to explore the beautiful landscapes. I rented a car and embarked on a breathtaking drive through the winding roads to Plitvice Lakes, and then onwards to the stunning Croatian coastline. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, filled with natural beauty and unforgettable moments.

Congratulations to the first team: Singapore Legged Forces: first place cheated (Wailydest, errorgorn, 244mhq). A huge thank you to OCPC, and of course, a special thanks to adamant and -is-this-fft- for the invitation — it was an honor to be part of this event.

Also read: adamant blog on this.

Watch editorial session for the eighth day contest contest: Link.

Tags ocpc, training camp

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English Arpa 2024-09-19 20:05:41 116
en2 English Arpa 2024-09-18 11:05:10 181
en1 English Arpa 2024-09-18 10:31:36 2577 Initial revision (published)