Title: My Journey in Competitive Programming: From Beginner to Codeforces !

Revision en1, by MuhammadJon_SundarStem, 2024-10-23 09:12:42

I’m excited to share my journey in competitive programming and how I got started with Codeforces. Whether you’re a beginner or someone looking to improve, I hope my experiences can provide some insights.

Getting Started My journey began a few months ago when I stumbled upon competitive programming through a friend. Intrigued by the idea of solving complex problems under time constraints, I decided to give it a shot. After a bit of research, I found that Codeforces is one of the most popular platforms for competitive programming.

Learning the Basics I started with the basics of programming in Python, which I found to be an excellent language for beginners due to its simplicity. Here are some of the resources that helped me:

Online Courses: Websites like Coursera and freeCodeCamp offered structured courses that laid a solid foundation. Books: “Introduction to Algorithms” was recommended to me, and it significantly helped me understand various algorithms and data structures. First Contests My first contest on Codeforces was a nerve-wracking experience! I remember feeling overwhelmed by the problems and the timer ticking away. However, it was a fantastic learning experience. I didn’t perform well, but I learned a lot from the editorials after the contest.

Key Takeaways from My First Contest Read the Problem Statement Carefully: It’s easy to miss important details. Time Management: Don’t spend too much time on one problem. Move on if you’re stuck! Post-Contest Analysis: Always review the solutions and learn from the problems you couldn’t solve. Building a Routine To improve, I decided to make a routine. Here’s what it looked like:

Daily Practice: I solved problems on Codeforces and other platforms like LeetCode and HackerRank. Learning Algorithms: I focused on specific topics each week, such as dynamic programming, graph algorithms, and more. Participating in Contests: I aimed to participate in at least one contest every two weeks. Joining the Community One of the best parts of Codeforces is the community. I joined discussions in forums, participated in group contests, and even made friends with fellow coders. Sharing knowledge and experiences has been invaluable.

Conclusion Competitive programming has been a rewarding journey filled with challenges and learning opportunities. I’m still a long way from mastering it, but the progress I’ve made keeps me motivated. I encourage everyone to dive in, keep practicing, and enjoy the process!

Feel free to share your experiences or ask any questions in the comments below!

Happy coding!

Tags #competitiveprogramming, #codeforces, #programmingjourney, #codingcommunity

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English MuhammadJon_SundarStem 2024-10-23 09:12:42 2680 Initial revision (published)